August 26, 2023
The Kitsap Poggie Club Summer Salmon Derby will take place on August 26th, 2023 with weigh-in stations at Bremerton and Brownsville Marinas. Tickets may be purchased online or at some local vendors.
The derby begins at daylight and weigh-in closes at 2pm. The prize ceremony starts at 6pm at Brownsville Marina.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
- Kitsap Credit Union
- Aqua Tech Marine Services
- May’s Mobile Marine Service
- Kitsap Marina
- Jimmy Johns
- Brown Bear
- Silver Hoard
- Les Schwab
- McClendon’s Ace Hardware
- Sportman’s Warehouse
- Nick Blickhan Realtor
- Birrieria Tijuana
- Northman’s Sporting Goods
The Kitsap Poggie Club salmon Derby is one of the Poggie club’s ways of providing family fun and outdoor fishing enjoyment. Our fishery is a premier fishery available to the public. The Poggie Club, in association with the Suquamish Tribe, the City of Bremerton and Washington State, raise 2.5 million salmon per year for us to target. The Kitsap Poggie Club also annually conducts:
- Annual Kid’s Fishing Day
- Salmon in the Classroom for local schools.
- Scholarships for youth to attend Washington State Conservation Camp.
Ticket sales from this derby fund these activities.
- Fishing is permitted from boats only and each occupant must have a valid derby ticket.
- All fish entered must have been caught during the open hours of the Kitsap Poggie Club Salmon Derby and in accordance with WDFW regulations for areas 9, 10, & 11.
- Derby tickets are not transferable and shall not be altered.
- All ticket sales are final with no refunds.
- Official time is sunrise to 2PM August 26, 2023. No ticket sales after close of business on August 25.
- Only legal salmon per WDFW regulations may be entered in the derby.
- The official clock will be kept at the weigh in stations and will open at 9AM and close at 2PM. Fish must be weighed or in a weigh in line at 2PM.
- Only one entry per contestant is allowed. Should a contestant erroneously enter more than one the heaviest will count.
- The Derby Committee will examine and mark any salmon entered and may clean for verification.
- Prizes will be awarded by weight of salmon ties will be broken by gram of weight.
- Prizes will be awarded at 6PM at Brownsville Marina Ogle Road for the top weights. In no case will a contestant win more than one prize.
- All prizes will be awarded by order of standing on the fish ladder. If the prize isn’t accepted at the 6PM Awards Ceremony, it will be forfeited and returned to the prize pool.
- The derby Committee shall settle any disputes regarding derby rules and awarding of prizes and committee decisions are final.
- Contestants enter the derby at their own risk and will hold no one affiliated with or in the Kitsap Poggie Club responsible for any injuries or accidents incurred while participating.
- Anyone not abiding by these Derby Rules will be disqualified from the Derby and WDFW notified if applicable.